I am home now from a really amazing trip. I'll probably blog about the trip over a few posts. I'm emotionally drained from the whole thing but I want to journal while it's fresh so that I don't forget anything.
For those of you that know me.....you know that I'm a very nervous flyer. I love to travel but getting there is another story. I was thankful for the extra Xanax in my medicine closet. It came quite handy on this trip! The flight there was a bit jumpy....it usually is when you fly into the mountains. I was doing great until about the last quarter of the flight. I sat in my chair, Jeremy Camp playing through my ipod, as I stared down at the backpack between my feet. Jason was inside. How in the heck did this become my life? So many moments over these several days were surreal for me. This being one of them. I never ever dreamed that I'd be making this trip alone or especially like this. I couldn't control the tears.
Before we even landed......I was in awe at the beauty below us and I was quickly reminded why Jason loved this place so much. It really is heaven on Earth. I felt an immediate peace about being there. I knew several months ago when I started planning this trip that this was something I needed to do for me. And I can honestly say that the entire trip served it's purpose for me.
When Jason and I traveled here 13 years ago, I came home and made a scrapbook of our trip. I took the scrapbook with me so that I could feel connected to him but also so that I could go to some of the same places. I knew that I wanted to try and take some pictures in the same spots. Here are a few:
While hiking in the Grand Tetons, we climbed up to Inspiration Point that overlooks Jenny Lake.
Obviously the sign has been replaced.....but still same spot.
Jason and I actually stayed at the original Old Faithful lodge. This time, they were doing major reconstruction on it so the lobby and other areas were a bit of a mess. It was still pretty though.
With Jason's sister, Hannah....while Old Faithful was erupting in the background.
I have hundreds of pictures that I want to share but not sure about the easiest way to do that. I may try to create some sort of slideshow instead of posting them individually here.














4 comments:
Oh Jennifer, I know that had to have been a difficult trip to make. I'm so proud of you. Your strength amazes me. Still keeping you and the boys in my prayers.
I'm so thankful the trip was what you needed it to be. I loved seeing the pictures you posted to FB, and I look forward to hearing more about your experiences here. You truly are all kinds of amazing, Jennifer. Praying for continued peace to flood your heart and mind as you process through so many emotions. Much love, Summer
So glad healing is continuing. I remember looking at that scrapbook for the first time 13 years ago. I'm sure it was bitter sweet being there but am glad you went. Proud of you for choosing to live and encouraging us to do the same.
I ran across a comment you made on another blog I was following, I seen you had lost your Husband so I clicked on your name, I to lost my husband in a horrible tragedy in 2008, I have really enjoyed reading your blog! It amazes me at the things you write because I know exactly how you feel sometime I feel like I'm reading something I wrote. Keep up your Faith, you can help alot of people in your situation! These trials make us stronger! I'm sure you have felt that somewhat already!
God bless you and yours! :-)
Post a Comment